Revive. Survive. OverDose Prevention
Revive. Survive. OverDose Prevention Program (Revive. Survive. ODP) is a five-year SAMHSA funded grant designed to address and alleviate the opioid epidemic in New Orleans. The program is pleased to release the Toolkit for Prescribing, Co-Prescribing, and Distributing FDA Approved Overdose Reversal Drugs (Naloxone) to the New Orleans Community, which was developed through evidence-based research, New Orleans-specific research conducted by Revive. Survive. ODP staff, pilot overdose prevention trainings, and community outreach. This toolkit has shaped Revive. Survive. ODP’s approach to address and alleviate the opioid epidemic impacting our New Orleans community.
The program aims to:
- Increase awareness and implementation of the Harm Reduction Approach throughout New Orleans
- Increase access to naloxone
- Develop naloxone distribution workflow recommendations for treatment facilities, Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs), and Community Based Organizations (CBOs)
- Train prescribers, pharmacists, clients, and community members on the overview of the opioid epidemic, naloxone administration and access, and tools to address the needs of individuals suffering with addiction
- Identify and serve priority populations
- Increase access to treatment services
- Facilitate citywide partnerships and capacity with pharmacists, health care providers, social service agencies, community members, and local governance. Together, we can develop and strengthen our strategies, resources, tools, and data collection efforts to address the unique needs of New Orleans.
Through this approach, Revive. Survive. ODP is determined to improve the overall health outcomes of all New Orleanians.
Revive. Survive. ODP is a program of OHL’s Prevention Department, which supports OHL’s mission and vision by providing services directly within communities. We prioritize providing equitable services while creating easily accessible and non-judgmental spaces for all.
Click here or in the sidebar for the Toolkit for Prescribing, Co-Prescribing, and Distributing FDA Approved Overdose Reversal Drugs (Naloxone) to the New Orleans Community. Those interested in receiving the resources and scheduling trainings may reach out to the Prevention Department Program Manager, Helena Likaj at email@example.com or (504) 913-6776.
Contact Revive. Survive. Program Staff
For more information or to schedule a naloxone training, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lee Reisman, LMSW
Mobile: (504) 220-0805
Helena Likaj, M.P.H.
Prevention Department Program Manager
Mobile: (504) 913-6776