Medically Supported Detox
OHL offers medically supported detox services to individuals 18 or older suffering from addiction and withdrawal. OHL’s Medically Supported Detox accepts clients and referrals for its program 7 days a week.
OHL's Medically Supported Detox Facility has beds available for individuals who cannot afford private detox and rehab, but who do not need the high level of care of a hospital-based detox. The Medically Supported Detox utilizes basic oral medications to treat symptoms of withdrawal. OHL’s Medically Supported Detox Facility is appropriate for people who have chronically abused many types of substances, especially opiate pain pills, prescribed anxiety and muscle relaxing medications, alcohol, and heroin.
Detox treatment typically lasts 5 – 7 days. To ensure a safe medically supported detox, 24-hour on-site medical staff is present to assist with a comfortable detox. OHL's detox team is comprised of physicians, nurses and counselors who are trained to care for clients during detoxification.
As the OHL Medically Supported Detox is affiliated with OHL's other substance treatment programs, the motivated client can easily transition to OHL's Short-Term Adult Residential program or be referred to community intensive or supportive outpatient services based on their individual needs.
- Walk-ins are welcomed DAILY: Monday- Friday 7AM - 7PM/ Saturday & Sunday 8AM - 3PM
- Admission into the program is always based on bed availability.
- Client must meet basic medical and psychiatric stability.
- The exclusive use of certain substances such as crack, marijuana, or methamphetamines do not require a Medically Supported Detox. Instead, individuals may enroll directly in our Short-Term Substance Abuse Treatment program. Learn more here.
- If a client chooses to enter into the Short-Term Adult Residential Program after Detox, a 30-day supply of all prescribed medication is highly recommended upon admission. However, if you do not have your full 30-day prescription, please let us know at admission and we can schedule services at our primary care Community Health Center in efforts to fill needed medications.
Referral forms may be accessed here or by clicking on the referral image to the left.
Note: Clients can be self-referred.
Contact Information for OHL Detox
Please use these lines for referrals.
Phone: (504) 821-9211 (Press 1 from the Option Menu)
Note: Due to a high call volume, calls may go to voicemail. Please leave a message.
Fax: (504) 324-6712