Offender Reentry Program
Funded through the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Administration (SAMHSA), the Offender Reentry Program is a comprehensive community reentry program with a focus on intensive case management and substance abuse/mental health treatment for adult male offenders who are returning to New Orleans from incarceration at the Louisiana State Prison (LSP)/ Angola or prisons in the New Orleans Metropolitan Region.
Through the ORP program, ex-offenders are offered:
- Substance abuse treatment, including detox and residential inpatient treatment;
- Health care, including primary and behavioral health, HIV testing and treatment and health insurance/benefits enrollment;
- Job services, including job placement assistance and career planning; and,
- Other wraparound services, including case management, mentoring, and life skills enhancement.
You may qualify for ORP if you :
- Are 18 years or older;
- Are currently incarcerated at Louisiana State Angola Penitentiary and completed the LSP Prison Reentry Program and/or are currently incarcerated in a prison within the metropolitan region of New Orleans;
- Will be returning to the New Orleans metropolitan region post-release; and,
- Have a primary problem of drug or alcohol addiction and/or mental health issue(s).
Program Manager: Robert Chandler, (504) 821-9211, ext 7848 or email@example.com
Case Manager: (504) 376-6636
Mentor: (504) 421-1410